Swanmead Community School is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of users.
This statement explains how we collect and use the information which you give us. Our website does not collect any personal information about you, however, certain information that you provide helps us to monitor our web site service and provide you with the services that you are entitled to as a visitor to our website.
What information we collect
We collect two kinds of information about our users:
- non-personal information such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many individuals use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular, and which pages are least popular. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
- personal information such as name and e-mail address. We collect this information only in connection with specific activities, such as providing feedback and comments to news posts etc. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service by analysing or reviewing the information that you provide to ensure that we give you access to or send you the information that you are interested in. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse our sites. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Usage of information
- fulfil your requests, for example posting an online comment or requesting to be kept updated via newsletter.
- record any contact we have with you;
- provide you with information which we think may be of interest to you, as explained below.
If you do agree to receive this information (whether by entering a competition or otherwise), and later decide that you no longer wish to be contacted, you can let us know by e-mailing: email@example.com. If we contact you by email, each time you receive a message you will also have the option to decline to receive further information from us in that manner.
Our sites contain links to other sites. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our websites and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you should be able to change your browser to prevent that. You should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, this should then give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web.
Cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, such as providing personalised pages, but at present, we use them only to work out how many people visit our sites.
Further information about cookies can be found at the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website www.allaboutcookies.org.
Your Acceptance of these rights
Any information submitted via our website is treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. To find out more about your entitlements under this legislation, visit the Information Commissioner’s website: https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/the-data-protection-act.
Last updated: December 2018