- We aim to provide and promote an ethos in which children feel secure, where their opinions are valued and where they are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- We see the importance of providing suitable support and guidance so that pupils have a range of appropriate adults whom they feel confident to approach if they are in difficulties.
- Parents will be invited to come and discuss these needs with the relevant people.
- The school has a Designated Safeguarding Lead – Mr. Mark Walker; Deputy Safeguarding Lead – Dr. Jude Hattersley and Miss Kate Murdoch is the Governor responsible for Safeguarding.
- All staff have been made aware of their roles and responsibilities and we follow the ‘Guidelines for Safe Working Practice for the Protection of Children and Staff in Educational Settings.’
- We also follow the South West Child Protection Procedures and the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board local guidance and have systems in place to share concerns regarding children’s welfare with our Designated Safeguarding Lead with parents and with relevant external agencies. Part of our legal duty to safeguard our children may also include the need to consult specifically with, and take advice from, the Police or Children’s Social Care.
By working closely together as a staff and with our partner agencies, we firmly believe that we will continue to offer a safe learning environment for all our children.