A list of school uniform is provided below. All items should be marked clearly with the owner’s name.
- Blue sweatshirt or cardigan with Swanmead Community School logo.
- Polo shirt, either white or pale blue, with the Swanmead Community School logo.
- Tailored trousers or skirts – black or grey. Skirts should be worn just below or just above the knee. Fashion items such as skinny trousers with embellishments are not acceptable. Belts, if worn, must be black in colour.
- Summer months – black or grey, tailored shorts (worn above the knees) or light blue gingham dresses maybe be worn.
- Plain black, flat, leather/leather type, closed shoes. Trainers, boots or sandals are not acceptable.
- Socks or tights must be worn and should be plain black, dark grey, navy blue or white.
- One pair of ear-rings which are plain, small studs for pierced earns worn in the lobe of the ear and one wristwatch are the only jewellery items permitted.
- Hair must be of ‘natural; colour with no ‘extreme’ styles. Long hair must be tied back when appropriate.
- Pupils are not allowed to wear make-up, false nails or nail varnish.
- A key band may be worn around the neck and tucked inside the sweatshirt/polo shirt. No other items should be attached to this.
- Coats should be in a style appropriate for school. Leather and denim jackets as well as hoodies are not allowed.
Children must dress within the framework set out above for all school days except where specifically requested to dress differently. The dress code for public performances will be white collared shirt and tie. (e.g. Awards’ Evening, Youth Speaks).
Sweatshirts, polo shirts, ties, P.E t-shirts, P.E training tops, P.E. shorts, P.E. skorts and iron-on logos can only be purchased from the School. (Polo shirts can be purchased by any supplier but in this case an iron on logo needs to be purchased from school and applied to the garment.)
Where a child does not follow the Swanmead dress code, school staff reserve the right to withdraw the pupil from normal classes and in some circumstances a pupil may be sent home. In all cases the Headteacher’s decision is final.
Clothing for Physical Education
Children should be prepared to bring the following items to P.E. lessons:-
- Swanmead P.E. T-shirt
- Navy Blue Shorts or Skort
- Navy Blue Football Socks and White Sports Socks
- Swanmead P.E. training top
- A gum shield for rugby/hockey
- Shin pads for football/hockey
- Tracksuit trousers – for cold weather
- Woolly hat and gloves if activity allows.
- Trainers (not basketball boots)
- Football boots must be worn for soft ground use.
Notes. All items should be marked clearly with the owner’s name.
- If your child is unable to participate in P.E. for any reason, please ensure that they still bring their P.E. kit and a tracksuit as they are expected to remain with the class and assist the teacher where possible.
- It can be uncomfortable and unpleasant to wear clothes previously worn during P.E. Therefore spare underwear should be brought to school on P.E. days.
Footwear in Gymnastics, Dance and Changing Rooms
- Children can choose to do Gym and Dance work in bare feet or in gym slippers. It is not appropriate for trainers or plimsolls to be worn. These are fine for general sports but not for Educational Gymnastics or Dance and Movement.
- Children can bring flip-flops or similar footwear to wear in the changing room if that is the parents’ wish.
Clothing for Art/Design Technology/Food Technology
To protect schoolwear, aprons will be provided for all these lessons.
School Uniform is now available to order through Tesco, click the link below to order.
School Uniforms can be ordered by completing the below forms and bringing them along with the correct money to the School Office.